Safety @ Lake
On January 31st, 2018 SERVPRO of Pasadena North was featured as an Emergency Response vendor at Lake Ave Church's Emergency Preparedness Fair, "Safety @ Lake". This is our 4th year participating in this fun and informative event. Treasure, Marian and Levi make this event possible by bringing together local businesses that serve the great city of Pasadena. It was a day filled with workshops for adults as well as children, teaching the importance of being prepared for an emergency. Although there is no telling when or a disaster may strike, at least you know you can count on SERVPRO of Pasadena North heroes to have your back. With over 1,600 locations nationwide your SERVPRO heroes are only a phone call away. We will help leave it, "Like it never even happened".
The cause of loss was due to a fire sprinkler pipe that broke. As a result, four feet of water flooded the basement, affected the walls and content that were also in the basement. Our SERVPRO technicians knew exactly what to do. We first endured the customer that we had everything under control and we restore all content and completely dry out the basement. We did exactly that! Extracting the water comes first, we must then cut and dry the walls to make sure there is no moisture left, because then mold can start to grow. While the walls are being dried, we move onto to the contents. The contents were papers that had value to the homeowner. With extreme caution and the right equipment, we were able to restore all the content with out destroying them.
SERVPRO of Pasadena North just wants to remind you that we do water remediation services as well as content drying.
Water Mitigation Leads to Mold Remediation
A job usually turns into a mold remediation after the affected area has experienced some type of water damage. That’s why it’s important to contact SERVPRO right away to get started on fixing the problem before it gets worse.
Primary loss site is the kitchen. The walls and cabinets in the kitchen had high moisture readings. We had then learned that the water traveled to other rooms, so we immediately ran our moisture tests and discovered moisture in the other rooms. Once we got permission to remove the hard would floor, we saw that mold had started to grow. The picture is of mold underneath a staircase where the water traveled down to. The mold remediation process has now begun. Our technicians must remove the mold off both the walls and studs. Mold remediation must be done with extreme caution to ensure the mold can’t affect any other areas.
Always Be Prepared
Experiencing fire damage can be a very stressful situation. The leading cause of fires in a home or business most commonly occur when cooking or smoking, heating units and/or electrical issues.
After any fire damage, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the home?
- Electrical hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
Things you should do after a fire and smoke damage:
- Limit the movements in your home after a fire damage to prevent soot particles from spreading damage to upholstery and carpet.
- Place dry towels on rugs, upholstery and carpet in high traffic areas.
- If you turn off the electricity completely empty the refrigerator and prop doors open.
- To prevent soot from sticking to chrome on kitchen/bathroom faucets or fixtures protect them by applying a small amount of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out the HVAC system.
No one ever expects to experience a fire damage, but if it does occur you can count on SERVPRO of Pasadena North. Our technicians are well trained to cleanup and restore your home and/or business. We are available 24-hours 7 days a week to help you get your life back together.
Did you know that floods are the most common natural disaster in the U.S.?
Heavy rainstorms can cause significant flooding, contributing to flash floods, mudslides and overflowing levees or dams. Although, not always common California does experience heavy rain from time to time. This could potentially put property like your home or business at risk.
Tips to help your home or business avoid flooding:
- Install rain gutters and other drainage. systems. (Clean out rain gutters frequently)
- Fix any leaks IMMEDIATELY.
- Extra roof protection by investing and installing a rubber roof underlayment. (waterproof barrier that goes under the shingles and protects the roof from water intrusion.)
Tips for drivers during the rain season
- Avoid cruise control (This feature works great in dry conditions, but when used in wet conditions, the chance of losing control of the vehicle can increase)
- When driving, slow down and leave room in front of you (Slowing down during wet weather is critical in reducing a car’s chance of hydroplaning.)
If you do experience flood damage in your home or business SERVPRO of Pasadena North is here to help leave it, "Like it never even happened."
Call us at (626)447-4111.
What You Should Know About Mold
Mold is very interesting, but gross at the same time. We here at SERVPRO want you to know if you have a mold problem, we can take care of it. However, there are some things about mold that you should know. When you hear the term "black mold", you may think that its very harmful. What you should know is that mold can be all colors and its color doesn't dictate how harmful it may be. The color of mold may vary, due to whatever type of material it is consuming. Mold releases spores and may cause an allergic reactions, no matter what color or what type of mold it is.
Just keep in mind SERVPRO of Pasadena North, has highly trained technicians who specialize in mold remediation.
Not All Heroes Wear Capes
1. We are a 24-Hour Emergency Response Team
SERVPRO of Pasadena North professionals will help limit the damage and get your facility back in operation QUICKLY! We have a 1-4-8 Service Response Guideline :
- Within 1 hour from the notice of loss SERVPRO of Pasadena North will contact you to arrange for service.
- Within 4 hours SERVPRO of Pasadena North Professionals will be on-site to start mitigation services.
- Within 8 business hours SERVPRO of Pasadena North would have a verbal briefing of the scope.
SERVPRO of Pasadena North will keep you informed from start to finish.
3. Reduce Recovery Time
By arriving quickly and addressing the mitigating damage to the structure and contents, and providing effective cleanup and restoration services. SERVPRO of Pasadena North will help you reopen the doors as soon as possible.
4. Lower Recovery Costs
We help you save money! Our quick response helps minimize secondary damage at your property which saves you thousands.
5. Emergency Response Profile
SERVPRO of Pasadena North helps you plan for recovery before a disaster strikes! (See our other blog on "Getting Prepared" for more information)
6. Full Line of Services
- Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
- Water Removal and Humidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Response
- Move Outs & Contents Restoration
- Contents Claim Inventory Service
- Ceilings, Walls and Hard Floors
- Bio-hazard and Crime Scene
7. A National Leader in Storm Response
We help when you need it the most!
SERVPRO is a national restoration company your clients and tenants know and trust!
Fire, Smoke, Soot, and Ash Cleanup
If you’ve every experienced a home fire, then you know how devastating it can be. A house fire is something no one everyone should experience. However, if a fire were to occur, SERVPRO of Pasadena North specializes in fire cleanup and restoration.
After a fire has occurred smoke, ash, soot, and a smoky odor are most likely what’s going to be left behind. Not only are they harmful to your home, the aftermath of a fire can also be a harmful to your health. We advise you to just sit back and let the professionals handle the situation. Our crew members are highly trained and know exactly how to treat a fire damage after it has occurred. Taking matters into your own hands may only make the situation worse and even cause you health issues.
SERVPRO of Pasadena North is here to help. Call (626) 447-4111, for any concerns you may have about a home fire.
Welcome to SERVPRO of Pasadena North
Welcome to SERVPRO of Pasadena North's blog page.
We will share helpful tips and inform you about our services and community events.
We take pride in being a part of the community and want to do our part in making North Pasadena the best it can be.
For those of you who do not know what SERVPRO is, we have listed the services we provide below:
? Fire, Smoke and Soot cleanup
? Water Mitigation and Dehumidification
? Mold Remediation
? Catastrophic Storm Response
? Large Commercial Loss
? Move Outs And Contents Restoration
? Document Drying
? Contents Claim Inventory Service
? Ceilings, Walls and Hard Floors
? Biohazard and Crime Scene
? Vandalism (Board-up and cleanup)
? Contents cleaning
We here at SERVPRO of Pasadena North are open 24-hours, 7 days a week. You need us and we'll be there to make it, "Like it never even happened." Call (626) 447-4111, for any questions or concerns you may have.
About Our STORM TEAM
Did you know SERVPRO of Pasadena North travels across the United States to assist local franchises, in efforts to help victims who experience flooding during storms?
We've traveled to:
- New Mexico 2011- Pipe Freeze
- Kentucky 2014- Pipe Freeze
- New York 2012- Hurricane Sandy
- Washington DC 2012- Mid-Atlantic Freeze
- New Jersey 2011- Hurricane Irene
- Santa Barbara 2017- Thomas Fire
We're Highly Trained Storm Damage Specialists
As leaders in the water mitigation industry, we have advanced training and expertise. In addition to a tremendous amount of hands-on experience. We use our training and experience to quickly dry your home and restore it back to it's pre-storm condition.
Independently Owned Company with National Storm Resources
We are an independently owned and operated business. SERVPRO of Pasadena North is strategically located to respond quickly to any flood or water damage situation. When a major storm or flood event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,650 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.