Undiscovered leaks don't just DAMAGE your business. They damage your BOTTOM LINE
Leaks from pipping, roofs and other overlooked areas can cause water damage that can go unnoticed for an extended period of time. Attempting to clean up water from a leak can lead to further damage or contamination if not handled properly. SERVPRO's trained Franchise Professionals are equipped to provide a full line of cleanup and restoration services to handle water damage. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help protect your property and equipment from further damage.
So, before you risk further damage by attempting to cleanup the water yourself, contact SERVPRO of Pasadena North at (626) 447-4111.
When Does Fire Damage Warrant a Call to a Professional?
Fires can be especially devastating to your home or business. After the fire trucks leave, your property will likely suffer from not only fire and smoke damage, but also widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts. Here are some tips what to do after the fire.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
Call the professionals at SERVPRO to get the damage under control. Fire and water damage can leave your house unsafe and unlivable. WE are trained to clean and restore your home with as little disruption as possible.
Airport Water Loss.
California experienced many storms this year. One of which caused significant damage to one of our local airports. Over 12" of water affected nearly 7,000 sq ft. of office space, lobby and break-room areas.
We received the call early Friday morning and within an hour we had a crew on-site. They began the mitigation process by removing carpets, baseboards and cutting walls. Once that phase was complete our crew began the drying process by placing air movers and utilizing our desiccant. We used two generators to minimize any business interruption. After six days the drying process was completes and ready for reconstruction.
Commercial Water Damage
Commercial Building in Pasadena, CA
On March 13th, 2017 we received a call from our valued customer who had experienced a water damage. The water loss was caused a break in the kitchen supply line from the upstairs break room. The water then traveled through the sub-floor and down to the offices below. SERVPRO of Pasadena was onsite in under an hour and immediately started extracting water. The following day our crew was onsite continuing the demolition of affected materials. Our next phase will consist of allowing the structure to dry with the help our dehumidifiers and air movers. This will prepare the building for the reconstruction phase. At the end of the day we helped put this customer back in business leaving it, "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Pasadena Warehouse Facility.
One of the most challenging times you may experience, is when your home or business is affected by a water damage. As difficult as it may be during a time like this, you can count on your local SERVPRO of Pasadena heroes to save the day. Depending on the size or extend of the damage caused by the water loss, we may have remove all the contents from the affected area. You can trust our professional staff to pack, inventory, and store your contents in our warehouse facility. We take a detailed inventory of your contents which includes photos and we provide you with an electronic copy. So in the event that you may need essential items from your storage we easily pull them out.
Did you know that floods are the most common natural disaster in the U.S.?
Heavy rainstorms can cause significant flooding, contributing to flash floods, mudslides and overflowing levees or dams. Although, not always common California does experience heavy rain from time to time. This could potentially put property like your home or business at risk.
Tips to help your home or business avoid flooding:
- Install rain gutters and other drainage. systems. (Clean out rain gutters frequently)
- Fix any leaks IMMEDIATELY.
- Extra roof protection by investing and installing a rubber roof underlayment. (waterproof barrier that goes under the shingles and protects the roof from water intrusion.)
Tips for drivers during the rain season
- Avoid cruise control (This feature works great in dry conditions, but when used in wet conditions, the chance of losing control of the vehicle can increase)
- When driving, slow down and leave room in front of you (Slowing down during wet weather is critical in reducing a car’s chance of hydroplaning.)
If you do experience flood damage in your home or business SERVPRO of Pasadena North is here to help leave it, "Like it never even happened."
Call us at (626)447-4111.
Christmas Tree Safety
Although, Christmas tree fires are not common. When they do occur, they can pose serious damage. Christmas trees can catch fire quickly and spread rapidly throughout the home. Here are some tips on what to do when shopping for a Christmas tree and when placing it at home!
When picking the tree
- Choose a tree with fresh, green needles that do not fall off when touched.
Placing the tree
- Before placing the tree in the stand, cut 2" from the base of the trunk.
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source, like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights.
- Make sure the tree is not blocking an exit.
- Add water to the tree stand. Be sure to add water daily.
Lighting the tree
- Use lights that have the label of an independent testing laboratory. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read manufacturer's instructions for number of light strands to connect.
- Never use lit candles to decorate the tree.
- Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Dispose of tree after Christmas. Dried-out trees are a fire danger and should not be left in the home or garage, or placed outside against the home.
Check with your local community to find a recycling program. Bring outdoor electrical lights inside after the holidays to prevent hazards and make them last longer!
Have a Happy and Safe Holiday from SERVPRO of Pasadena North!
New Years SAFETY Tips
New Year's Eve celebrations
Please take extra care during New Year celebrations. Many of the things we enjoy during this festive period, like fireworks, Christmas lights, candles, paper hats and decorations can all be fire hazards when you do not properly take care of them.
Here are some tips to keep you safe this New Year
If you are planning to celebrate with fireworks, store them in a metal box, read the instructions, never go back to a lit firework and keep a bucket of water nearby.
Never place candles near your Christmas tree or furnishings. Don't leave them burning unattended.
Decorations can burn easily - Don't attach them to lights or heaters.
Switch off electrical appliances when not in use, unless they're designed to stay on. Take special care with fairy lights and outdoor lights. Always switch off and unplug lights before you go to bed.
Check your lights conform to the British Standard. Always use an RCD on outdoor electrical equipment (safety device that can save lives by instantly switching off the power)
Never leave cooking unattended.
Check the battery in your smoke alarm every week and use the New Year as a reminder to clean it and remove dust.
SERVPRO of Pasadena North understands that New Year's celebrations are a time to have fun with family and friends! Read and follow the tips to help have a SAFE holiday!
Happy New Years 2017
The 7 Reasons Why You Should Use SERVPRO
1. We are a 24-Hour Emergency Response Team
SERVPRO of Pasadena North professionals will help limit the damage and get your facility back in operation QUICKLY! We have a 1-4-8 Service Response Guideline :
- Within 1 hour from the notice of loss SERVPRO of Pasadena North will contact you to arrange for service.
- Within 4 hours SERVPRO of Pasadena North Professionals will be on-site to start mitigation services.
- Within 8 business hours SERVPRO of Pasadena North would have a verbal briefing of the scope.
SERVPRO of Pasadena North will keep you informed from start to finish.
3. Reduce Recovery Time
By arriving quickly and addressing the mitigating damage to the structure and contents, and providing effective cleanup and restoration services. SERVPRO of Pasadena North will help you reopen the doors as soon as possible.
4. Lower Recovery Costs
We help you save money! Our quick response helps minimize secondary damage at your property which saves you thousands.
5. Emergency Response Profile
SERVPRO of Pasadena North helps you plan for recovery before a disaster strikes! (See our other blog on "Getting Prepared" for more information)
6. Full Line of Services
- Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
- Water Removal and Humidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Response
- Move Outs & Contents Restoration
- Document Drying
- Contents Claim Inventory Service
- Ceilings, Walls and Hard Floors
- Bio-hazard and Crime Scene
7. A National Leader in Storm Response
We help when you need it the most!
SERVPRO is a national restoration company your clients and tenants know and trust!
Jack O' Lantern
Halloween is around the corner. SERVPRO of Pasadena North would like to share some tips on how to keep your Jack O' Lantern (Pumpkin) from getting moldy fast!
Follow these easy steps:
- After your pumpkin has been carved, rinse it out with water to get rid of excess strings and gunk.
- Take a large bucket or tub and fill it with three gallons of water.
- Stir three teaspoons of bleach into the water.
- Dunk in the pumpkin.
- Then you add silica by removing the top of the pumpkin. Take a silica bead and embed it into the interior of the pumpkin. Do not stick the bead in so far that it changes the appearance of the pumpkin's exterior.
Silica packets are largely available with the following items:
- Beef jerky
- Shoes and shoe boxes
- Cat litter
- Purses or wallets