Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
SERVPRO Happy Holidays!
Happy Holidays from SERVPRO of Pasadena North
SERVPRO of Pasadena North would like to wish you a very Happy Holidays this year! It has been a rough past two years for everyone with the pandemic happening and we would love to spread a little Holiday cheer!
Every year we gather up our SERVPRO family for a day of fun! We make a fresh pot of coffee and hot chocolate for those who do not drink coffee, take out of Christmas tree and start decorating. It is a great team building activity that continues to bring us closer together as a whole.
Sometimes all that we need is a little bit of kindness to become a better team. What better way to do that than during the holidays!
From our SERVPRO family to yours
SERVPRO is Here To Help!
SERVPRO of Pasadena Hard at Work
When it comes to safety protocols SERVPRO of Pasadena North is always on top of it! We know that right now we are living in uncertain times and safety is a huge factor in our business. Ever since COVID-19 hit us hard in March 2020 we have up'd our protocols and cleaning precautions.
In this photo you can see some of our highly trained technicians preparing for a pack out job for one of our clients. When the pandemic first hit all we knew what that we wanted our clients to feel safe and secure that the technicians wring on their homes would not bring in any outside germs. So we geared up in our haz-mat suits and got to work!
Everyday the protocols are changing and SERVPRO has always been ahead of the sanitization game!
Here to Help!
We understand how stressful dealing with a new water, fire, mold or sewage damage can be. We are happy to take that headache away from you and help you understand the process from start to finish.
Typical Water Damage Process:
- Intake - Here’s where we ask you all the questions related to your property and water damage. Contact info, Insurance claim number, cause of loss, affected areas and any other important information
- Scheduling - During intake we schedule an initial appointment with you based on your availability. Our goal is to arrive at an emergency situation within one hour of your phone call.
- Inspection/Arrival Date - When the loss is an emergency, our crew will extract water and clean up affected areas immediately. We will assess the damages starting from the cause of loss. We will take moisture readings, photos and measurements of all affected areas and document the scope of work to be performed.
- Insurance Approval - We take all the information gathered during the initial visit and send it to your insurance for coverage confirmation and approval to proceed.
- Demolition (if necessary) - When demolition is required, we gain approval first and schedule a crew to perform the removal of affected and damaged material
- Dry Out - Upon completion of demolition, equipment is reset to dry out the framing materials of your property.
- Completion - Once all materials have reached a drying goal, we do a final clean up of the areas, pick up equipment and document the moisture readings. We gather that information again and provide everything to your insurance for final billing.
Our office staff is highly trained and experienced to walk you through this process every step of the way.
Virtual Tour with SERVPRO
With so many of us working from home or remotely, virtual tours and inspections have become a vital part of our everyday lives. SERVPRO of Pasadena North uses Matterport to help simplify the inspection, mitigation and reconstruction process! Matterport is a 360 camera and software that allows us to capture detailed photos of your property.
By using Matterport, we are able to scan the property and piece them together to create a virtual tour. The virtual tour becomes available for us to share with you and your insurance adjuster. Some homeowners may not live at the property affected by a water or fire loss and Matterport helps us show you, as the homeowner, the damages found at the loss site. It also allows us to share those details with your insurance adjuster, as they may not be available for an in-person walk through.
Matterport has given our franchise the opportunity to provide our customers with a complete look at their property from start to finish.
SERVPRO #1 Choice
Any homeowner must be diligent when faced with water damage, which is where restoration professionals come in handy. Returning to your property after a catastrophe can be an exhausting process without the assistance of a trained, licensed and professional team.
We follow specific IICRC Guidelines to mitigate water damage in your home. Our team at SERVPRO of Arcadia helps you work through these steps to ensure that the cleanup and restoration process flows smoothly. We always encourage homeowners and business owners to contact us directly when they are faced with any type of catastrophic loss to their property. Our team can get to work immediately, taking an evaluation of the damage, moisture mapping and assessing the scope of work to be performed in order to get the cleanup underway. The longer the exposure the structural materials have to moisture or other damages, the more deterioration and decay take place.
With our initial assessment, SERVPRO of Pasadena North gathers the information that helps your insurance company approve your damage claim in a timely fashion.
Our technicians at SERVPRO of Pasadena North go through extensive training to understand all the best methods for emergency damage cleanup and disaster restoration. They are certified and licensed by the IICRC, which is our restoration guidelines. We work to save you from costly replacements and potential secondary damages. Our team here at SERVPRO of Pasadena North use proprietary methods of the latest tools, products, and technology.
Hoarding is a Serious Situation
According to The Mayo Clinic, “Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of the items. Excessive accumulation of items, regardless of actual value, occurs.” Many people with hoarding disorder do not find their habits to be a problem. Hoarded items are often things others would throw away or look at as junk or garbage such as old newspapers, junk mail, or packaging.
Hoarding can lead to homes filled with extreme clutter to full capacity from years of accumulation, making living conditions unsanitary and crowded. Bugs, fleas, rats, and other vermin may be present, at which point an exterminator would need to be called. At times, hoarding may spread to outside the home as well, to storage facilities, or even the garage or yard.
SERVPRO of Pasadena North encounters hoarding situations several different ways. Often, we are called for a fire or water loss and find the hoarding situation when they arrive on-site. We will communicate with the insurance company regarding their contents coverage, and after approval, contents can be packed out and possibly cleaned, dried, and stored by the SERVPRO of Pasadena North or relocated to a storage facility so work on the fire or water loss can begin.
Another way we encounter hoarding jobs is through calls from landlords, case workers, real estate agents, or family members, often after the death of a loved one. In these situations, the crew will see if they should look for any items of importance while they clean the job. Sometimes family members will come and try to help the hoarder sort through their contents as well.
Each case is very different, and hoarding jobs are often sensitive situations, but SERVPRO of Pasadena North is here to help make it “Like it never even happened.” If you encounter a hoarding situation at one of your properties or with your insureds, call SERVPRO of Pasadena North today.
Cleanup and Restoration Services
Did you know that SERVPRO of Pasadena North is prepared to handle any kind of disaster? We want the business and homeowners to know that our highly trained specialists are on hand to take care of your emergency cleanup and restoration needs. We are a trusted leader in the restoration industry and have years of experience serving our community. Our ability to immediately respond to your emergency helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs. We also can help manage the insurance paperwork and process. Here are some of the residential and commercial services we provide:
- Water damage cleanup and restoration
- Mold remediation and mitigation services
- Sewage cleanup
- Storm damage
- Building services
- Commercial water damage cleanup and restoration
- Fire damage cleanup and restoration
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Odor removal
- Biohazard removal
- Disaster Recovery Team
If you find yourself dealing with the aftermath of any of these disasters, SERVPRO of Pasadena North wants to help. We are available 24 hours a day and our highly trained technicians have the specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore damage for residents and business owners. Call us today at (626) 447-4111 to find out about our cleanup and restoration services. We’ll take care of your damage “Like it never even happened.”
Are You Covered?
SERVPRO of Pasadena North get's a lot of questions about insurance and if a loss is covered. Our staff is fully trained to know how to answer these questions. We are not insurance agents, but we have a lot of experience with several different types of claims over our 35 years in business. Each claim is treated individually. We take our time getting all the information about the loss and determining what the best course of action would be. We walk people through each step of the way.
Now for important tips for your insurance policy:
- Confirm you have an endorsement for sewer backup coverage. Sewer backups cause more damage than a regular water damage. As a restoration company, we also have to protect our employees with personal protective equipment, which includes additional charges as well.
- If you own an older home or building, make sure you have code upgrade insurance god forbid something happens that you need to upgrade your entire electrical system or plumbing system. Both systems can become extremely costly, so for a little bit extra a month in insurance, it is worth it.
- Additional Living Expense (ALE) is what is used if you have to move out of your house for a while to get the home rebuilt after any type of damage. ALE is used for hotels, food, or even a long term rental home. As you can imagine, this can become very pricey as well.
- If you are renting, have renters insurance, especially if you are in a multi-unit facility. You may never believe you will have a loss, but what if your neighbor falls asleep with a pan on the stove and it catches fire. Your entire apartment's contents may be non-salvageable. Your renter's insurance is what pays you back for your contents.
- When going to get renters insurance, be realistic on the price range of all of your personal belongings. Remember all the small items, as well. One bottle of spice is $3, but if you have 100 of them, that is $300. The money accumulates quickly, so do not skimp on the insurance.
- There are things in life you can get for cheap, insurance should not be one of them. Take your time, find the best agent, and get the right coverage.
SERVPRO of Pasadena North is here to help with any questions you may have.
The Trusty Pack-Out
One of the most challenging times you may experience, is when your home or business is affected by a water damage. As difficult as it may be during a time like this, you can count on your local SERVPRO of Pasadena North heroes to save the day. Depending on the size or extent of the damage caused by the water loss, we may be obligated to remove all the contents from the affected area. The process begins by taking a detailed inventory of your items with photos to ensure that all your items are documented. After all your items are inventoried, it is then brought back to our facilities where they are stored. You can trust our professional staff to pack, inventory, and store your contents in our warehouse facility.
Don't Let Your Halloween Get Moldy!
A SERVPRO Halloween
Halloween is around the corner. SERVPRO of Pasadena North would like to share some tips on how to keep your Jack O' Lantern (Pumpkin) from getting moldy fast!
Follow these easy steps:
- After your pumpkin has been carved, rinse it out with water to get rid of excess strings and gunk.
- Take a large bucket or tub and fill it with three gallons of water.
- Stir three teaspoons of bleach into the water.
- Dunk in the pumpkin.
- Then you add silica by removing the top of the pumpkin. Take a silica bead and embed it into the interior of the pumpkin. Do not stick the bead in so far that it changes the appearance of the pumpkin's exterior.
Silica packets are largely available with the following items:
- Beef jerky
- Shoes and shoe boxes
- Cat litter
- Purses or wallets