No Loss Is Too Big!
This facility contains multiple buildings that are rented out by other Universities. We received the call from the facility after normal business hours. Immediately, we assembled a crew, gathered equipment and got on the site, within the hour of the initial phone call. It is essential to get there as soon as possible, so that we can take control of the situation and minimize the damage. As a reminder to those who own large commercial buildings, we here at SERVPRO of Pasadena North specialize in large commercial loss, water mitigation and dehumidification. Don’t wait! If you are in need of our services for a situation like this, pick up the phone and dial(626) 447-4111and we’ll have a crew sent over to you right away!
Large Commercial Losses
No matter how large or small the damage may be, we here at SERVPRO of Pasadena North are confident that our team can get the job done! Our most recent project takes place at the Westfield Mall located in Arcadia, Ca. Large commercial jobs like this, have to be dealt with extreme caution due to the high volume of foot traffic that flows in and out of the mall. Whenever our technicians are on the field they take into consideration the environment they are working in, so that they can figure out how they need to approach each job. Every job is different and unique in its own way. Especially when dealing with large commercial losses. Staying one step ahead of the operation allows us to provide the best quality work.
You Can Never Be Too Safe
A fire can happen on your property at any time. We here at SERVPRO of Pasadena North provide around the clock services 7 days a week. If you need us, we'll be there. What separates us from other restoration companies is that, when we receive the call from you we immediately assemble a work crew and send them your way. As a SERVPRO employee, our priorities are to ensure the job is done right the first time and consistently update our client on the progress of the job. The reason we do this, is because more often than not your home is the biggest investment you make. Therefore, we do everything in our power to ensure the customers happiness and leaving it, "Like it never even happened."
Christmas Tree Safety
Although, Christmas tree fires are not common. When they do occur, they can pose serious damage. Christmas trees can catch fire quickly and spread rapidly throughout the home. Here are some tips on what to do when shopping for a Christmas tree and when placing it at home!
When picking the tree
- Choose a tree with fresh, green needles that do not fall off when touched.
Placing the tree
- Before placing the tree in the stand, cut 2" from the base of the trunk.
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source, like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights.
- Make sure the tree is not blocking an exit.
- Add water to the tree stand. Be sure to add water daily.
Lighting the tree
- Use lights that have the label of an independent testing laboratory. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read manufacturer's instructions for number of light strands to connect.
- Never use lit candles to decorate the tree.
- Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Dispose of tree after Christmas. Dried-out trees are a fire danger and should not be left in the home or garage, or placed outside against the home.
Check with your local community to find a recycling program. Bring outdoor electrical lights inside after the holidays to prevent hazards and make them last longer!
Have a Happy and Safe Holiday from SERVPRO of Pasadena North!
New Years SAFETY Tips
New Year's Eve celebrations
Please take extra care during New Year celebrations. Many of the things we enjoy during this festive period, like fireworks, Christmas lights, candles, paper hats and decorations can all be fire hazards when you do not properly take care of them.
Here are some tips to keep you safe this New Year
If you are planning to celebrate with fireworks, store them in a metal box, read the instructions, never go back to a lit firework and keep a bucket of water nearby.
Never place candles near your Christmas tree or furnishings. Don't leave them burning unattended.
Decorations can burn easily - Don't attach them to lights or heaters.
Switch off electrical appliances when not in use, unless they're designed to stay on. Take special care with fairy lights and outdoor lights. Always switch off and unplug lights before you go to bed.
Check your lights conform to the British Standard. Always use an RCD on outdoor electrical equipment (safety device that can save lives by instantly switching off the power)
Never leave cooking unattended.
Check the battery in your smoke alarm every week and use the New Year as a reminder to clean it and remove dust.
SERVPRO of Pasadena North understands that New Year's celebrations are a time to have fun with family and friends! Read and follow the tips to help have a SAFE holiday!
Happy New Years 2019
24-Hour Emergency STORM TEAM
Our STORM TEAM is currently on multiple job sites in regards to the recent Southern California Fires. We have highly trained technicians ready to be sent wherever they need to be. As a home owner, we advise you to be aware of the mud slides that can come with heavy rain, due to the aftermath of the fires. If you look at the videos on our website you can see how close the fire got to the homes. Through experience and knowledge about fire restoration we highly recommend you consult with an environmental consultant to test for soot and then call SERVPRO of Pasadena North for the cleanup if need be. Keep in mind that we are a 24-hour emergency service company. Please give us a call at (626) 447-4111 to set up an appointment for your free estimate.
We Have Your Back
Leaks from pipping, roofs and other overlooked areas can cause water damage that can go unnoticed for an extended period of time. Attempting to clean up water from a leak can lead to further damage or contamination if not handled properly. Our technicians are highly trained professionals that specialize in water mitigation, so trust us, you are in good hands. We will walk you through every step of the way and keep you updated as we progress. Water damages can happen at anytime, that's why it's always good to know that there is someone that can be there for you no matter what time a day it. SERVPRO of Pasadena North is open 24-hours, 7 days a week.
Are you prepared?
No one ever expects to experience water damage in their home or place of business. Unfortunately, disasters happen when you least expect them. At SERVPRO of Pasadena North we understand that water damage can be stressful on you and your family. That is why we do our best to take that pressure off of you, by providing you with an Emergency Ready Profile.
You do not except a pipe to burst in your home or place of business. However, you can be proactive and stay prepared in the event that it does. At SERVPRO of Pasadena North we can help you in your efforts of staying prepared by providing you with a FREE Emergency Ready Profile.
What is a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile?
The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile is designed to provide you with all the critical information needed in order to begin mitigation and recovery services.
The advantages of having an Emergency Ready Profile are:
- A no cost assessment of your facility or home. (FREE)
- An easy access profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. (HOA ,property managers, insurance agents, etc...)
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve location, priority areas and priority contact information.
So now is the time to let us help you prepare for a disaster.
For more information please call SERVPRO of Pasadena North at (626) 447-4111.
Toilet overflows can cause significant damages to property, due to the contaminants that are found in the water. This specific type of water loss must be treated quickly in order to avoid secondary damages or further contamination. For example, secondary damages that can occur from sewage backup are mold. Mold can be toxic and must be removed promptly in order to avoid exposure.
This water loss occurred when the bathroom in the basement’s toilet backed up and began to overflow. The water migrated to two bathrooms, elevator and elevator shaft. Our technicians found the source of the problem and immediately started to repair it. We then extracted the water from all the affected areas and dried them out in order to prepare the structure for de-contamination.
Fire Safety Tips
The National Fire Protection Agency reported that in 2016, there were 1,342,000 fires reported in the United States. These fires caused 3,390 civilian deaths, 14,650 civilian injuries, and $10.6 billion in property damage.
Some accidental fires that occur are most commonly caused by:
- Cooking Equipment
- Smoking in bedrooms
- Electrical Equipment
- Curious Children
- Faulty Wiring
That is why we strongly recommend taking full precaution to keep your loved ones and property safe at all times. Here are some helpful tips:
- Never leave the kitchen unattended, when stove is on. Keep close watch of pots and pans that can quickly overheat and can potentially ignite a fire.
- Make sure heating equipment wiring is in good condition and have it maintenance yearly. Place heater at least one meter away from any objects and furniture.
- Avoid smoking indoors. Not only is smoking a health hazard but it is also dangerous to do so indoors.
- Make sure all electrical equipment is functioning properly and all cords are intact.
- Never leave candles unattended especially around small children. Always remember to turn candles off after every use.
- Children can be very curious, it is important to keep them safe by removing any flammable substances from their reach.
- Replace faulty or damaged wiring.
- Extinguish barbeque grill flames after every use.